[nycbug-talk] How common is blocking outbound 25/tcp? (Re: AsiaBSDCon!!!!)

Andy Michaels lego at therac25.net
Wed Mar 14 10:24:11 EDT 2007

No statistics, only anecdotes here!  I've been on 3 ISPs in the last 10
years.  2 of them were "big ISPs" and they blocked port 25 outbound a few
years ago.  CableVision and TimeWarner Cable.  The third was a small,
local ISP and they let me do just about anything I wanted to do.  They
also ran FreeBSD :)

Anyway, from my experience, it's pretty common in the states.

-Andy