[nycbug-talk] Edward Tufte - Presenting Data And Information

Eric Lee thenorthsecedes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:33:15 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am planning to attend the Edward Tufte 'Presenting Data And
Information' one day course next month at the Manhattan Center.
While browsing the 'courses' section of his site, I noticed this clause:

"The fee for the one-day course is $380 per person. [...] Groups of
10 or more, registering simultaneously, receive a 25% discount. "

Course site: http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/courses
Dates: Tue, Apr-24; Wed, Apr-25, Fri, Apr-26

The cost per individual with the group discount would be $285.  The
cost as a student is $200 (  $150 w/ group discount ).

Sorry for spamming the list with this request, but I just thought it
would be a shame if nine other people were silently planning to
attend. I'm beginning to gain an interest in Information Design and
this seems like a decent way to learn a bit about it from a
practitioner. And no, this is not a web design course.  If any of you
have done his course in the past and have negative impressions of it,
please let me know so that I may redirect these funds towards Wii
games, energy drinks and/or a kurobox.

You may now begin the hurling of rotten vegetables in my general
direction.

/eric