[nycbug-talk] AsiaBSDCon, pics, highlights

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Tue Mar 20 22:45:14 EDT 2007

Hi All,

On Mar 9, 2007, at 10:24 PM, Isaac Levy wrote:
> I'm taking boatloads of pics, will try to figure out how/where to
> post them, and will make some kind of post about the con!
>
> Rocket-
> .ike
>

> p.s.: TOKYO ROCKS.  For the time ever for me, NYC seems like a small
> place- this city is like a medieval village, set about 70 years in
> the future, 36 million people...  Amazing.

Ok, so here's tons of pictures!

http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/

--
Picture Highlights:

Conference Materials:
A 'Hanko' stamp in my notebook, note the 10,000jpy Tokyo Metro Subway
card, custom printed with the conference logo!  Over the top.
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image8.html

Goldfish on the subway platform near the university:
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image10.html

Akihabara, electronic geek heaven:
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image45.html

Mark Balmer purchasing 'IPv6 ready' Ethernet Cables:
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image71.html

VRRP, IPv6, SoHo/home router:
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image78.html

Main Organizers, GNN and Hiroki Sato (Sato-san) with 'The Cake':
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image170.html

Kirk McKusick chatting it up with Jun Murai
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image159.html
This guy was new to me, his lecture blew my mind:
<http://junsec.sfc.wide.ad.jp/people/JunMurai/>

Box Lunch:
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image188.html

Cellphones in Japan ROCK, (and all run via IP backbone, IPV6
actually...):
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image252.html

Cellphones seem really important in Japan, Gold plated Dolce and
Gabana Moto-Razr
(incidentally, this phone doesn't work in Japan, I was told it's for
Europeans shopping...)
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image540.html

One of many views from Tokyo Tower, (36 million people in Tokyo, [36m
is population of Canada!])
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image319.html

Payphones are all ISDN?
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image451.html

This shocked me to stumble into:
http://diversaform.com/asiabsdcon2007/index-Pages/Image525.html

--
Next AsiaBSDCon, I'll definately be organizing the NYC crew to go!!!!

Rocket-
.ike