[nycbug-talk] IPv6 tunnel broker

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Fri Mar 23 13:52:11 EDT 2007

Wordup Miles,

HOLY MOSES, you have a lot of bloody-knuckle IPv6 experience, thanks
for sharing it!,

I'm splitting up the replies, to try to simplify the wealth of info
presented-

--
Tunnel Brokers:

On Mar 22, 2007, at 7:15 PM, Miles Nordin wrote:

>     il> Does anyone on this list, in NY or America in general run IPv6
>     il> services?
>
> I did for about two years, until OCCAID cut me off.

<snip>

> The alternative now is SixXS, which gets transit from OCCAID but has
> lots of automation for serving Interweb users.  Unfortunately they
> also have fewer pops.

SixXS- (url for the record <http://www.sixxs.net/>

Ok, so just to get my basic facts straight- they *only* do v4->v6
tunnel broker services, or do they offer actual direct connectivity
as well?

> Hurricane Electric tunnels are, for me, not even worth looking at,
> because they block irc.  I'm not spending $600/mo on Internet so I can
> put up with this T-Online/Verizon port blocking bullshit.  I *will*
> pay for IPv6, but this second-class interweb crap completely defeats
> the purpose of an experimental protocol.

Re. Hurricane Electric Tunnels:
(url for the record <http://ipv6tb.he.net/>)

> There's another huge problem with Hurricane Electric.
>
> <snip>
> unreliable
<snip>

--
Do you know anything about Hexago?  They were recently featured in
BSDNews, their tunnel broker software was released under a BSD

http://bsdnews.com/view_story.php3?story_id=6364

http://www.go6.net/

--
At the moment, it seems getting familiar with 4-to-6 tunnels is
really important, but I *really* want to get real IPv6 connnections

Rocket-
.ike