[nycbug-talk] soekris style boxes for memcached ?

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Fri May 18 15:41:06 EDT 2007

I need to scale up on my memcached size soon.

Has anyone here seen or heard of soekris style boxes for memcached?

Looking at the options , everything I've seen has been
	a_ people throw an extra 4gb of ram onto an existing machine, run
memcached on that
	b_ people buy a new low-end box and max it out with ram as a
dedicated box

well, my boxes are maxed with ram, and while a low-end box makes
sense on many levels -- this seems like something so trivial that a
soekris style box could do cheaper, in less space, and with less
energy / heat

just wondering if anyone has heard of anythig that could work.