[nycbug-talk] soekris style boxes for memcached ?

Massimiliano Stucchi stucchi at willystudios.com
Fri May 18 17:11:25 EDT 2007

On 180507, 15:41, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> just wondering if anyone has heard of anythig that could work.

Soekris boxes are out of production nowadays, since the processor
powering them is out of production from AMD.

AMD moved the production to the Geode LX-700, 800 and 900.  there are
some prototypes out there of boards based on them.  I have one with me
here at BSDCan, and I'll be in new york sunday night and all monday (my
plane leaves at 8pm from JFK.  If you want to take a look at the board,
I'm available.

Just FYI, it has:

- A 500mhz AMD geode lx-800 processor
- 256mb of ram
- Video
- Audio
- 1x Ethernet
- 1x MiniPCI slot
- 1x PCI slot
- 1x 44 pin IDE bus
- Serial
- Combined PS2
- 4xUSB
- CF Card slot

FreeBSD works perfectly on this board, as well as mikrotik and pfSense.

Ciao

--

Massimiliano Stucchi, CTO & Director of Operations
WillyStudios.com - IT Consulting, Web and VoIP Services