[nycbug-talk] From Dru's blog

Okan Demirmen okan at demirmen.com
Fri Nov 9 11:25:55 EST 2007

On Fri 2007.11.09 at 11:11 -0500, michael wrote:

[snip snip snip]

> Please do not take this as aggressive or confrontational, but I take
> exception to the above statements.

ditto for me...

i agree with you on everything so far - man pages are golden.

> So, if the context was 'articles about programs outside of base'; then
> OK.  Some 3rd party software is poorly documented, and articles can be
> helpful.  But then.. that is not BSD specific.  Those articles can be
> published in LJ.

i partly agree here.

yes, base is pretty well covered;  though i do believe that people tend
to be creative with the use of their base systems for purposes that were
originally not intended - those are interesting to read (to me)...

then there are instances where 3rd party apps (e.g. packages/ports)
which require a different approach on a bsd system, most of which are
not published in linux how-to's or journals (why should they be?).

cheers,
okan