[nycbug-talk] Logical Volume Management in FreeBSD

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Nov 16 20:54:17 EST 2007

Hi All - working on a project here and am having a little brain fart.
I've been hacking on zfs+netbsd's iscsi target on FreeBSD-7 but have run
into a stability issue.  so, while i'm going to try to squash that bug,
i need to keep moving forward with my iscsi target project which leads
me to this issue.

i can't seem to find a logical volume manager on 6-RELEASE.  to clarify,
i don't need a software RAID, mirroring or stripping but would like to
take a large disk and carve 20gb volumes from it.  reading the vinum and
GEOM man pages do not seem to offer anything similar to this - has
anyone else run into this issue?

thanks!
-pete

--