[nycbug-talk] Safety Expansion for FreeBSD rm(1)

Thomas Backman tbackman at childrensaidsociety.org
Tue Oct 2 16:58:24 EDT 2007

Re: [nycbug-talk] Safety Expansion for FreeBSD rm(1)

I have to concur with Ray.  In 20+ years of having a Trash can, it has only
saved me once or twice.  A good backup has saved me a whole lot more often
and with better results.

I think the principle "Keep It Simple, Stupid" should apply to rm.  If a
fancy version is needed for users, this should become a port or do some
fancy shell scripting.  Just keep /bin/rm simple ...

Thomas Backman
tbackman at childrensaidsociety.org

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."  --
Hector Berlioz

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:10 AM