[nycbug-talk] Greetings from the IPv6 Internet

Jonathan Stewart jonathan at kc8onw.net
Fri Oct 5 00:27:30 EDT 2007

Steven Kreuzer wrote:
> So after Gene's talk, I went home and registered with Hurricane Electric's
> tunnel broker service, and after a little bit of fussing around, the router
> on my home network speaks IPv6. (Its actually pretty easy to setup also)
[snip]
> My eventual goal is to serve all wireless clients on my network
> an IPv6 address, and get a few services like ssh and dns running on IPv6
>
> Has anyone else started experimenting with this yet?

I've had a tunnel up and running (on and off) for a few months now for
my server although it's down right now for reasons I can't do anything
about :(  I even did a crazy setup with openvpn so my laptop could do
IPv6 via an openvpn tunnel to my router.  There is probably a much
easier way to do it but I wanted a bridged setup without wasting
bandwidth so I actually firewalled v4 completely and only allowed v6
through the tunnel.

My domain register setup v6 records for my domain via a special request
which was pretty nice of them.  If  you want to check it out its
kc8onw.net but as I mentioned before the tunnel is down so you won't get
anything from that address.

Jonathan Stewart