[nycbug-talk] DefCon 16 heads up

gene cronk quigongene at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:31:41 EDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> This is a pre-shout-out, so folks can think about it in advance:
>
> So who's going to DefCon next summer?  Who wants to go?
> I want to book a HUGE room this December (huge like 2 bedroom big
> condo style place with a wet-bar etc...)
>
> The way this has worked well in the past, regarding splitting the room:
> People who chip in more, get actual beds.  People who chip in less,
> get couches.  People who chip in the least, sleep on the floor.
>
> Somebody usually brings some lock-boxes for stashing gear, people
> bring network gear (and people use cellphones and setup a wired lan
> to get out on a relatively safe network, the regular network is a war-
> zone- no kidding...)
>
> We could also use somebody who has some cheap method of bagging/
> isolating rfid stuff, (passports, ID badges, etc...).
>
> DefCon is only fun if you have a trusted crew of friends to go with :)
>
> Rocket-
> .ike
>

> I'm going just like I do every year, and would be down for kicking in on
this.  Also, The Hacker Pimps throw a (fairly legendary) yearly party in one
of the skyboxes Friday night.  We have the skybox all day Friday as well,
but we never do anything with it.  Anyone interested in actually doing
something during the day there?  Of course anyone in NYCBUG at DefCon 16 is
more than welcome to the party that evening.  Just drop me an email around
that time and I'll make sure you get an invite.