[nycbug-talk] DefCon 16 heads up

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:08:32 EDT 2007

On 10/5/07, gene cronk <quigongene at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/5/07, Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:
> > Hey All,
> >
> > This is a pre-shout-out, so folks can think about it in advance:
> >
> > So who's going to DefCon next summer?  Who wants to go?
> > I want to book a HUGE room this December (huge like 2 bedroom big
> > condo style place with a wet-bar etc...)
> >
> > The way this has worked well in the past, regarding splitting the room:
> > People who chip in more, get actual beds.  People who chip in less,
> > get couches.  People who chip in the least, sleep on the floor.
> >
> > Somebody usually brings some lock-boxes for stashing gear, people
> > bring network gear (and people use cellphones and setup a wired lan
> > to get out on a relatively safe network, the regular network is a war-
> > zone- no kidding...)
> >
> > We could also use somebody who has some cheap method of bagging/
> > isolating rfid stuff, (passports, ID badges, etc...).
> >
> > DefCon is only fun if you have a trusted crew of friends to go with :)
> >
> > Rocket-
> > .ike
> >

> I'm going just like I do every year, and would be down for kicking in on
> this.  Also, The Hacker Pimps throw a (fairly legendary) yearly party in one
> of the skyboxes Friday night.  We have the skybox all day Friday as well,
> but we never do anything with it.  Anyone interested in actually doing
> something during the day there?  Of course anyone in NYCBUG at DefCon 16 is
> more than welcome to the party that evening.  Just drop me an email around
> that time and I'll make sure you get an invite.

Yes it was a good party, even when one of the dancers disappeared
there was a volunteer from the audience that took over her job( and
she was much better looking).  I even got to use my mad AV skillz, I
had a flashlight.  On a more serious note I lost my phone in that
room, some one found it turned it in to one of the pimps and when I
retraced my drunken steps I got my phone back and nothing bad had
happened to it.  It was definitely nice to be partying with the
adults.  You guys rocked.  I will try to get in again next year and I
will bring my flashlight.

marc
---
Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
Albert Camus