[nycbug-talk] DefCon 16 heads up

Jesse Callaway bonsaime at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 19:00:39 EDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> This is a pre-shout-out, so folks can think about it in advance:
>
> So who's going to DefCon next summer?  Who wants to go?
> I want to book a HUGE room this December (huge like 2 bedroom big
> condo style place with a wet-bar etc...)
>
> The way this has worked well in the past, regarding splitting the room:
> People who chip in more, get actual beds.  People who chip in less,
> get couches.  People who chip in the least, sleep on the floor.
>
> Somebody usually brings some lock-boxes for stashing gear, people
> bring network gear (and people use cellphones and setup a wired lan
> to get out on a relatively safe network, the regular network is a war-
> zone- no kidding...)
>
> We could also use somebody who has some cheap method of bagging/
> isolating rfid stuff, (passports, ID badges, etc...).
>
> DefCon is only fun if you have a trusted crew of friends to go with :)
>
> Rocket-
> .ike

I've never gone, and would hate to miss it before it get's stupid, if
that's possible. NY doesn't have enough hedonism and weird money
exchanges for me. So it would be interesting to learn and explore in
an environment which is crazier than here in those respects.
I have a very cheap way of bagging such RF stuff, if that's seriously
a challange for people.

-jesse