[nycbug-talk] online storage rsync.net, carbonite, dreamhost...or s3?

C Thala cthala at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:47:39 EDT 2007

I'd like to back up various FreeBSD systems I have with rsync...

Amazon's S3 seems like a good choice, except that there are no real
tools to have it be used with rsync. (There are a lot of "rsync-like"
tools, and there are some backup utilties that only run on Windows and
possibly MacOS X/Linux.)

So my remaining options are Carbonite, rsync.net, and Dreamhost. They
all provide Unix shell accounts with gobs of space, more or less.

Has anyone any recommendations?