[nycbug-talk] IPv6 for ISP Sales People?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Thu Oct 18 13:48:05 EDT 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, forest mars wrote:

> On 10/17/07, Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:
>>
>> Word,
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2007, at 9:17 PM, Compustretch NewYork wrote:
>>
>>> Disclaimer: I receive my enterprise class network access from an
>>> independent access consortium. (" Don't say ISP to me! " )
>>
>> What is an Independent Access Consortium?  I've never heard of that
>> before, and I'm really curious about ISP alternatives...
>
> (Answered offlist.)

OK...  I guess I'll try at an answer. :)

I would assume that this is a "co-op" where a group of people buy
bandwidth collectively and share it.  This could take many forms:

-a neighborhood wireless network
-a shared co-lo environment
-a shared co-lo environment where you use it as a point from which to drop
standard WAN links

etc...

Charles