[nycbug-talk] EuroBSDCon2007 Videos

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Fri Oct 19 11:14:29 EDT 2007

On Oct 19, 2007, at 10:49 AM, Steven Kreuzer wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 10:19:43AM -0400, Isaac Levy wrote:
>> Hey All,
>>
>> Videos for all talks at EuroBSDCon have been posted online, as well
>> as all conference materials.
>>
>> http://2007.eurobsdcon.org/talks.html
>>
>> --
>> My mind has been completely blown this morning, I've never seen any
>> volunteer-based organization actually pull off video footage-
>> (without people paying for it, like Defcon).  Go Denmark!
>>
>> Rocket-
>> .ike
>
> Hey Ike-
>
> Thanks for posting this. Some of these talks looks very interesting.
> Steven Murdoch's talk looks incredible.

Heck yeah, it' was a totally surprisingly amazing talk... esp. for a
*BSD conference!

Also surprisingly amazing, don't miss the talk about CMS Pipes, at
the bottom:

"John Hartmann - Real mens pipes (keynote)"
--
"Abstract:  This paper explains how CMSPipelines works. It describes:

+ The pipeline scanner which scans the argument string to the PIPE
command as well as pipeline specifications issued in other ways.

+ The pipeline dispatcher which passes control between stages
(invocations of programs) to make data flow in the pipeline.

+ The library of built-in programs from which the pipeline programmer
selects building blocks to “solder” together to perform a particular
task."

Rocket-
.ike