[nycbug-talk] new bruteforcing. . .

Mikel King mikel.king at techally.com
Mon Oct 22 14:58:16 EDT 2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 2:12 PM, George Rosamond wrote:

> I noticed this happening to some of our boxes last night while tailing
> some logs:
>
> http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=3529
>
> Anyone else notice this going on?
>
> It's not really groundbreaking, but the fact that it's in a
> distributed
> model is somewhat new for ssh and mysql bruteforce zombies.
>
> Nmaps for OSs are sketchy of course, but seems like mostly Linux
> boxes.
> . . which is somewhat groundbreaking.
>
> George

Actually yes. We observed this weekend an unusual rise of login
attempts.

Cheers,
Mikel King
CITO, Tech Alliance, INC
Senior Editor, Daemon News
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.techally.com
http://www.daemonnews.org
t: 212.727.2100x132
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.