[nycbug-talk] booting FreeBSD v6.2

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Sun Sep 2 20:14:57 EDT 2007

> Right during the point during the boot process, when you see the little
> spinner spinning, pay attention.
> You'll soon see text that reads "Hit [Enter] to boot, any other key to go to
> command prompt"

Correct.  And as far as GENERIC on 6.2/amd64, this is basically an SMP
kernel.  But the kernel version will not effect your problem so long as
/boot/kernel/kernel is exists ~BAS

> Right at this point, you smack any key except Enter.  You should end up in
> at the boot loader's prompt,
> which is where you can execute these commands.

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

     "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.
     You just don't know it. So who's really in jail?"
     ~Maynard James Keenan