[nycbug-talk] upcoming IPv6 meeting

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Sep 17 17:31:43 EDT 2007

Isaac Levy wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2007, at 10:56 PM, gene cronk wrote:
>
>> I'm not really going to touch the WHY you should learn it.
>> Everyone has heard that ad nauseum.  If you want to discuss the
>> whys after the meeting, cool, but for the most part during the talk
>> I want to stick to the down and dirty HOWS.  Sound good to everyone?
>
> YES
>
> Rocket-
> .ike

Yes. . .

There's plenty out there for the "why-askers". . .

The main problem, at least initially for many of us is how.

But the "how" is also tied to the chicken-egg problem of "from whom."
Miles just mentioned, and maybe you should both touch base off-list, but
I've heard that he's (Miles) had some implementation experience with one
or more providers.

This is really the front and center question for us.  . . we (at least
me :) don't have clients or bosses or whoever asking us to implement
IPv6 networks. . . but we want to play, learn and get some hands-on with
a standard that we've been reading about for what, 10, 12, whatever years?

On the test-play network would be nice. . . but home networks are, well,
home.