[nycbug-talk] dedicated server rentals?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Fri Aug 1 10:51:07 EDT 2008

On 12:15 am 08/01/08 Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
> First off, I'm on the fence about going with a "dedicated server"
> that I rent vs. renting space somewhere and throwing my own hardware
> in.

Check datapipe.
http://datapipe.com/Managed_Hosting.aspx

So far (about a year) they have been dependable. They are FreeBSD friendly.

They have two levels. One where they do most of the work for you (ie
install programs like apache, mysql,etc..) and another where they just
install the OS and give you access. You do all the work beyond that. The
price difference was somewhere in the $500 range so it didn't make sense to
go with the "fully managed".

Last I checked they didn't have any form of KVM.
They backups seemed expensive so we didn't go with them.