[nycbug-talk] Defcon News Blurbs

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Mon Aug 11 21:28:34 EDT 2008

Hi All,

In the Vegas airport after Defcon 16 with *lots* of time to kill, and
thought I'd toss some fun tidbits to the list:

OpenBSD and PF in the opening paragraph:
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/08/a-first-ever-lo.html

FreeBSD jail(8) used again for this year's CTF competition servers,
nobody breaks out yet (more on this to come from me in the future...)

An interesting talk:
Toasterkit, a Modular NetBSD Rootkit
Anthony Martinez Systems Administrator, New Mexico Tech
Thomas	Bowen Systems Administrator, New Mexico Tech
https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-16/dc-16-speakers.html#Martinez

Also- ran into a fistfull of folks from the NYCResistor group,
hardware hackers who have a space in Downtown Brooklyn:
http://www.nycresistor.com/

--
Excellent content this year- truly stellar.  More fun to post if I
ever get done catching up on my email...

Rocket-
.ike

--
PS: IR File Transfer Port on the Defcon 16 badges: