[nycbug-talk] Soekris/PCEngines-ALIX USB Bug

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Thu Aug 21 07:30:27 EDT 2008

Hi Chris, All,

On Aug 10, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Chris Buechler wrote:

> PCEngines ALIX Boards
<snip>
> Aside from the BIOS issues, which have largely been resolved, they're
> great little boards. Thankfully to date they haven't had the same
> issues
> seen in the Soekris 5501, there have been a few hardware problems with
> those that require shipping the boards back for repair. BIOS issues
> are
> easier to cope with.

I'm wondering if anyone has a moment to shed some light the issues
mentioned above with the Soekris 5501 boards?

I've been using them for about 10 months, with no problems- they've
been extremely reliable for me.  (The inital BIOS sucked at release,
but it all seems sane now....)

Best,
.ike

PS: For reliability, sitting in the 'just plain works' category, I
think the Soekris 4801 now gets to sit as my favorite computing
device, ever :)