[nycbug-talk] Anti-spam services

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Sat Aug 23 21:09:07 EDT 2008

Francisco Reyes wrote:
> On 5:57 am 08/21/08 Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:
>> I know it's not *quite* what you're looking for, but Loftmail's email
>> service includes *very* good spam filtering <http://loftmail.com/>.
>
> I guess I will have to talk to Bruno.
> The client that is complaining about spam is hosted with loftmail. :-)
> Maybe I have not looked throught their interface to setup all the right
> knobs. Will definitely check this.

Hmmm. . . I'm surprised. . .

We have used Loftmail for years, and they've been excellent for a long
while.  I mean, my address (es) are all over the place, and I get two or
three spams a day. . .

I maintained a blacklist with them for a while, but I rarely look at it now.

The only issue I have, which we're all aware of, is the delays of spamd,
which can be a hassle since some providers don't seem to get the idea of
smtp standards. . .

But I'd recommend having an offline conversation with Loftmail, since
they are receptive.

> So far looking for a service has been an interesting exercise. Most
> companies don't even list prices. As affordable as Postini is, I just don't
> see how people can tolerate such a horrible interface.

I know it's a jumbled world there. . .

George