[nycbug-talk] NY/NJ companies using FreeBSD

Andy Kosela akosela at andykosela.com
Wed Dec 10 18:04:55 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Francisco Reyes <lists at stringsutils.com> wrote:
> Andy Kosela writes:
>
>> are leaning towards Linux deployment, so who is still a heavy
>> supporter of FreeBSD in New York?
>
> There are  probably many small companies that we would never find about.
> I guess your question is more along the lines of what large/recognized
> company is a big supporter of FreeBSD in NY.

That's exactly what I had in my mind. From my experience, in larger
corporations the adoption of FreeBSD is somewhat harder due to the
business models these corporations are based upon. When they buy
hardware from vendors like HP, EMC, IBM they also buy a whole fully
supported software package that comes with it, and that means usually
RHEL or even HP-UX/AIX. DataPipe and NYI are a nice exception to the
general rule. Any Yahoo! sysadmins on this list? Has Yahoo got data
centers located in NY/NJ areas running FreeBSD?

--
Andy Kosela
ora et labora