[nycbug-talk] zen.spamhaus.org (OT)

N. J. Thomas thomas at zaph.org
Mon Dec 15 13:26:56 EST 2008

The last few weeks I've seen an increase in spam getting through my
personal SpamAssassin filters. Up until recently, SA was working quite
well and I only had 1 or 2 get through every week -- a number I could
live with.

But this morning I had about a dozen come through, so I just configured
my mail servers to use the zen.spamhaus.org DNSBL.

So far it's done a pretty good job, my two FreeBSD servers running
Postfix has rejected 44 pieces of spam in the last 45 minutes since I
started it, which is fantastic.

But it's been a while since I followed the DNSBL news, so I wanted to
know what is the current thinking on Spamhaus? Are they too strict? Are
they not strict enough?

Are there other blacklists I should be using?

thanks,
Thomas