[nycbug-talk] zen.spamhaus.org (OT)

marco scoffier marco at metm.org
Mon Dec 15 15:47:55 EST 2008

Andy Kosela wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:26 PM, N. J. Thomas <thomas at zaph.org> wrote:
>
>> Are there other blacklists I should be using?
>>

> This is what I'm using at the moment. Works good so far:
>
> reject_rbl_client       bl.spamcop.net
> reject_rbl_client       zen.spamhaus.org

For my use, I find all blacklists too restrictive
Many of my users have to get mail from people who use free.fr a hugely
popular, free and very crappy French provider which always gets its
servers on blacklists.  Same for Korean, Japanese and Chinese friends
using sketchy Asian providers (mobile phone weirdness etc.)  If your
communications are the slightest bit international I find using
blacklists is impossible.

the best solution I have found is still greylisting and only greylisting.

Marco