[nycbug-talk] router/firewall recommendation ?

Max Gribov max at neuropunks.org
Tue Dec 23 13:54:40 EST 2008

Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> I haven't touched any of this stuff in a long time - hoping someone

pfsense is very cool, takes about 30 mins to setup, has ability to
ha-cluster, and will go on pretty much any hardware
you can get some pci wireless card for the wireless part, although
personally i never tried to make a wifi router out of freebsd..

cisco 800's are cool too.
one cool thing about 800's is that you can use older ram (non-ddr) in them
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833120314