[nycbug-talk] router/firewall recommendation ?

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Fri Dec 26 11:41:17 EST 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 4:32 PM, George Rosamond wrote:
> But for 3-5 users, as JV stated initially, pfsense is gold.

Awesome.  Thank you to all.

I think we'll probably go for one of the pre-configured Alix boxes @
netgate ( $200, perfect! ) , slap a store bought wireless in front ,
and do some mac-address filtering to keep out unwantedss.  I *really*
don't want to be doing network admin on this, but I want to put some
security in there - as we're in a shared environment.    I like how i
can pay them to ship me a tested/installed unit.  sadly my old diy
ways have started to become 'do it for me!'