[nycbug-talk] Jails | FreeBSD | fxp0 | alias | Apache 2.2

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 15:11:16 EST 2008

well here are some thoughts:

1: check your routing, 2 or 3 times.  for example your 192.168.1.149
jail has its default route pointing where?  If the 192... ips are a
pool that resides only on the jail box then the broadcast domain,
where arp works, is local to your box.   Also if the previous is
working then do you have routes on your router(s) to push the traffic
to the right place, traceroute is your friend here.  also there may be
a nat issue involved, 192.168 space is nonroutable space(rfc1918 if I
rember correctly).

2: do step one again, I mostly screw up the routing my self.  Use
paper and pencle to draw out the network you have in your head and
check against the network you have in your site.

it sounds like a network issue, good luck

marc

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Greg Robinson <greg at ltcc.com> wrote:
> All:
>
> Re: FreeBSD 7, PCBSD, jail, internal network i.e. 192.168.1.149, rc.conf,
> alias fxp0 with said IP, Apache 2.2 in jail
>
> Issue: apache serves 192.168.1.149 to browser on computer but not to outside
> browsers, ping to 149 works
>
> Question: Anyone know of well documented how-to on Jails?
>
> My first thought on solving this problem is the pf.conf, which I want to
> approach cautiously.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Greg

> Greg Robinson
>
> Lucrosol

Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
Albert Camus