[nycbug-talk] building home firewalls out of soekris boxen

Siobhan Patricia Lynch trish at bsdunix.net
Mon Feb 11 05:37:09 EST 2008

We've been using Acrosser boards for our product - Soekris and the PCEngines stuff was too slow for what we're doing. (An integrated security product with what is essentially many jails running - except due to some capabilities that FreeBSD doesn't have *yet* (due in 8.0-C) we're using OpenSolaris).

The Acrosser boards are celeron 1.5 GHz with 1G of onboard RAM and uses an external miniide hdd.

They're not bad.

-Trish
--
Siobhan Patricia Lynch