[nycbug-talk] pfSense 1.2 released

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Feb 27 00:51:39 EST 2008

Chris Buechler wrote:
> George Rosamond suggested I send a shout out here, after sending a
> "heads up" to the NYC*BUG colo list of the release. Big props to George
> for getting us a dedicated server in the NYC*BUG rack at NYI as a mirror
> and backup hosting facility, and to Ike for helping facilitate. About
> 4,000 total downloads from that mirror alone (1 of 11 mirrors) in the
> first 24 hours after release.

And of course to Okan in the mix. . .

> Release info:
> http://blog.pfsense.org/?p=170
>
> Any interest in a pfSense talk at NYCBSDCon this year?  If so, any
> suggestions on what you would like to hear about?

no comment ;)

> Also we're having a 4 hour tutorial on pfSense at BSDCan this year. More
> info on that:  http://blog.pfsense.org/?p=169  Scott Ullrich and I have
> met several NYC*BUG folks in years past, and hope to see a number of you
> again this year.

Seriously. . . I do think that a pfSense talk or bof would be of interest.

I'm curious to hear about others' experiences, but especially from the
developers' angles on implementations in enterprise environments.

Lots of BSD distro-type things have come out. . . but pfSense has shown
longevity for a reason.