[nycbug-talk] Backup service

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Thu Feb 28 23:29:24 EST 2008

Hi all,

Thought all of you may have an opinion on this.  My offsite backup service
accepts rsync/ssh/scp/sftp.  I'm wondering what the best way to manage
that is.  Right now, I'd like to keep backups of our SVN repository and
MySQL dumps+bin logs, to start.

I'm thinking of just keeping it simple and using rsync with delete, and
keeping a "local mirror" of backups, and rsyncing that to the backup
system each night.

What do you all suggest?  Are there solutions for this?  I'm experienced
with things like duplicity, which seem to work well, but I'd like other's
thoughts.

Thanks!

-Matt