[nycbug-talk] Getting to the meeting from out of State

Marco Scoffier marco at metm.org
Fri Jan 4 12:46:33 EST 2008

Jesse Callaway wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2008 6:49 PM, James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Given that our meeting site, Suspenders, is just a few blocks from
>> the World Trade Center, if you're coming by train you can take NJ
>> Transit/Amtrak to Newark and transfer there to the PATH train to
>> WTC.  It will be < 10 minutes walk to restaurant and enable you to
>> avoid taking subway from NYC Penn Station in midtown.
>>

> Good suggestion. This is a real time saver, Dan.

Hmm.  I beg to differ but I think the PATH from newark to world trade
takes quite a while like >30mins whereas NJT from Newark to Penn Station
is fast  <10mins, and then you can catch any A/C or 2/3 downtown to
Fulton St. (very frequent trains) to be the same walking distance from
Suspenders.

I haven't taken the PATH very often, but the times I have it seems slow
and infrequent compared to the New York subway A/C or 2/3 lines.

Have you had a better experience with the PATH ?

--
Marco