[nycbug-talk] [slightly OT] VOIP provider?

Josh Rivel josh at rivels.org
Fri Jan 25 13:44:13 EST 2008

Tim-

Tim A. wrote...
> I use these as PSTN gateways, but they provide Hosted PBX as well:

[snip]

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately Optimum Lightpath
is not available to us (we're downtown, right near Suspenders and not
in a lit building - we can't even get a cable modem!)

Currently we have four T1's from InfoHighway, and their VOIP server
is publicly accessible on the internet (don't get me started about
all the security issues I found with them *after* we started using them, but
let's just say I know who all their clients are, have the MAC addresses
of all their phones, all their speed dials, internal network information,
etc.)

When we had M5 we had a private T1 for VOIP traffic direct into them,
then two T1's for data.

Ideally I'd like one carrier just for data, with maybe a 10mb line or so
(We have 6mb now and constantly max it out) and two separate T1's just for
VOIP traffic.

Josh