[nycbug-talk] Xinerama in X.org

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at exit2shell.com
Tue Jul 1 14:28:21 EDT 2008

I have a Matrox G450 video card hooked up to two monitors. I have been
running Xinerama mode in X.org without problems for a while
and I recently did a portupgrade on everything installed on my system.
After that, I have been unable to get Xinerama to work at all.
I have been looking into this issue on and off for close to a month and
I still have no idea what is going on.

$ pciconf -l -v
vgapci0 at pci0:1:0:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x0541102b chip=0x0525102b
rev=0x82 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd.'
    device     = 'MGA G450 Dual Head Chip of G450 graphics card'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/m6a85502e
Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/m6f9374ca

As far as I can tell, everything is setup correctly.

If anyone has any helpful advice, please let me know. I might be
overlooking something
very obvious.

SK