[nycbug-talk] somewhat off-topic

forest mars compustretch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 22:32:06 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The topic of keeping log data for internet applications, in various
> contexts and applications, has often been a topic of conversation.
>

> <...>
>
> Google must divulge YouTube log (to Viacom)

I made the joke earlier that both sides could have saved a lot of money on
lawyers if Viacom had just, you know, checked the most viewed: all time
page:

http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=mp&t=a&c=0&l=&b=0

In all seriousness, it should be obvious on the face of things they are
concerned very little with WHAT is being watched, and almost obsessively
concerned with WHO is doing the watching.

I've said it before, but that's why I don't use an "ISP" for my
connectivity, but a private suscription network (PSN) instead.

Forest Mars
--
"In theory, theory and practice are exactly the same.
In practice, they're completely different."

The New TLDs are Here!
Switch to Name.Space: http://namespace.org/switch
Support new domains & keep free media free! Register yours today!
https://secure.name-space.com/registry

This email is:
[   ]  private: do not forward
[ x ]  o.k. to forward