[nycbug-talk] Breakout sessions at NYCBSDCon

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at exit2shell.com
Sun Jun 1 19:28:58 EDT 2008

Greetings-

In case you are not aware, we have been working with the BSD Certification team
to give an exam at the conference in October.

We will have a classroom at the conference that will be used to hold breakout
sessions to help let people brush up on some of the
topics that will be covered on the exam.

We are currently looking for individuals who can give 30 minute refresher
courses on the following topics:

1. Subnetting
2. tar/pax/cpio
3. Regular Expressions
4. pf (however, the exam is more on recognition than hands on)
5. Permissions (octal, symbolic, chmod, umask, etc.)
6. Basic Unix tasks (cron jobs, symbolic links, simple sh scripts, etc)
7. rc and sysctl

If you would like to volunteer, please attend the next NYCBUG meeting on June
4th and come and find me so we can work out the details.

Thanks

--
Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer