[nycbug-talk] web apps showing diff timezone after FBSD 6.3 -> 7.0 migration?

Chris Buechler nycbug at chrisbuechler.com
Tue May 6 22:22:58 EDT 2008

Marc Spitzer wrote:
> at a guess, what does /etc/localtime look like?  mine is:
>  file localtime
> localtime: symbolic link to `/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York'
>
> You could be pointing to some where else.

Thanks for the reply. It's a cp of
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Kentucky/Louisville.  Also tried a cp of
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York and it displays the same behavior.
The `date` output should be incorrect if the timezone is off, it
displays correctly as long as I use any Eastern zone.

Any other thoughts would be much appreciated.

best,
Chris