[nycbug-talk] Nagios or...?

David Lawson dave at donnerjack.com
Wed May 28 02:29:29 EDT 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 2:19 AM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've still got some old (1.x) Nagios installs that basically work, but
> have become a bit quirky.  I started looking for info on upgrading
> and it
> seems like the easiest path they've got is to start from scratch on
> the
> new version.  Since even that is a fair bit of work, I'm wondering
> what
> else is out there that's comparable.

I actually just did a Nagios 1.x to Nagios 2.x upgrade and it's
nowhere near as bad as you might think.  Took me about an hour, all
told.  That said, depending on your needs, OpenNMS or ZenOSS may be
worth a check for you as well, I've considered using both, and have
worked with/for companies that have used both.

--Dave