[nycbug-talk] Statistical Monitoring

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Tue Nov 4 11:28:22 EST 2008

Hi all,

What do all of you use for monitoring now-n-days?  In the past I've used a
combination of Nagios and Cacti, but I've setup Nagios on a new setup, and
while investigating Cacti (via SNMP) I also began investigating Ganglia.

What do all of you prefer - push methods or pull methods for statistics
gathering and graphing?  It seems using Cacti with SNMP would work nicely,
but also using Ganglia to push the data to a centralized gmond (which
I've also done in the past) works well, too.

Thoughts?