[nycbug-talk] Statistical Monitoring

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Tue Nov 4 15:00:23 EST 2008

> I like symon (http://www.xs4all.nl/~wpd/symon/)  - its a server/client
> push set up, so you can aggregate and graph in one place, it should be
> in ports

So you code the pushing of the statistics and it graphs it?  Its
light-weight, which I like, but the problem is that our router and
firewall only allow us to gather info via snmp, so I was hoping for
something that could support both retrieving information via SNMP, and
also accepting information "pushed" to it.  Does such a thing exist, or
should I use symon and just setup mrtg for the load balancer and firewall?