[nycbug-talk] Desktop

Andy Kosela akosela at andykosela.com
Fri Nov 21 15:50:46 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia.net> wrote:
> So, I'm curious -- what do all the BSD lovers here use on their desktops?
> I've seen PCBSD which looks nice.  Do many of you run Ubuntu or some other
> "work out of box" variant?

Yes, PC-BSD might be a good choice for someone who wants a FreeBSD
based alternative to Ubuntu. Personally though, what I need from a
desktop machine is just a basic X server with a couple of rxvt's
opened, that's why I stick just to openbox and fbpanel. I like to
configure everything from a terminal anyway so I just use FreeBSD. On
a general note, I don't like GUIs at all.

--
Andy Kosela
ora et labora