[nycbug-talk] Yahoo cloud computing changes. I wonder if this impacts their BSD usage.

Brian Gupta brian.gupta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 10:29:33 EDT 2008

http://yhoo.client.shareholder.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?&ReleaseID=318602

"Yahoo! is making changes to its technology organization, led by Chief
Technology Officer Ari Balogh, to better position the company to
execute on its strategic priorities. Principal changes are developing
a world-class cloud computing and storage infrastructure; rewiring
Yahoo! onto common platforms; and creating a stronger partnership
between product and engineering teams."

The "rewiring" bit leads me to think they might be contemplating some
sort of OS moves might be afoot.

--
- Brian Gupta

New York City user groups calendar: