[nycbug-talk] LinkedIn: Worth it or not?

Miles Nordin carton at Ivy.NET
Wed Oct 22 13:54:44 EDT 2008

    mj> LinkedIn [...] beneficial to your tech career,

I find this type of work too degrading to associate that intimately
with my personal identity.

Secondly I find it violating that someone would EXPECT to see a
conveniently-formatted list of all the other people I know.  Police
and stalkers drool over such information, and that's the big part of
why we don't like the kind of attention either gives us, and if it's a
person judging me rather than merely a fan I feel doubly violated.