[nycbug-talk] [Fwd: Kaminsky redux - libspf2 dns parsing bug]

Max Gribov max at neuropunks.org
Wed Oct 22 14:07:15 EDT 2008

well, I use it, and hotmail/ms seem to like it - they do have their own
implementation called sender-id
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/technologies/senderid/default.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/senderid/wizard/

spf requires everyone to use it to be effective, and from running a mail
server for a while, they only thing that really made a difference in
spam for me was greylisting - quickly looking through logs, i dont see
any rejections based on spf

i still use it because it *may* prevent that 1% (arbitrary number alert)
of spam, and gives me slightly better "reputation" with
hotmail/live.com/msn