[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD Wireless AP

Jonathan jonathan at kc8onw.net
Sat Oct 25 23:14:05 EDT 2008

Has anyone here had any experience setting up a BSD wireless access
point?  I'd really like to do an AP/Wireless Bridge combo setup but I'm
not sure that is even possible with FreeBSD.  It appears that drivers
for current wireless hardware (802.11n) are still hard to come by for
FreeBSD as well.  (I realize iwn is in -current but it doesn't support
hostap)

I'm starting to think it may be much simpler to buy a hardware AP/Bridge
or router as I have a spare wired interface I could connect it to.  If
anyone has any hardware recommendations for this (or non-recommendations
for crappy stuff) I would welcome them.

Thank you,
Jonathan