[nycbug-talk] OT: Laptop is dead - what am I going to do?

Joachim Rosenfeld joerosenfeld at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 11:50:18 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Miles Nordin <carton at ivy.net> wrote:
> > So what would you recommend if I want something like my T42?
>
> you answer your own question:  i recommend another T42.

I did this and couldn't be happier. I had a company-issued T41 for 2
years,
which I had to return when I left the company.

I shopped around for a new ThinkPad after that for a charity I support
and bought a new one (an X61 IIRC) for them. I used it for a week while
I was configuring it for them (I gave it to them with XP and Office, but
I ran FreeBSD 7 on it for a few days) and I was mostly happy with it.

Shortly thereafter, I realized I needed a laptop for my own and realized
that the new Lenovo, while shiny and superfast and all was nice, the old
T41 had met all my needs, so I went and bought a used one for $200, it
worked out great and I am very pleased that I went down the used route.