[nycbug-talk] Cogent and Sprint - a signal of things getting Oldschool?

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Fri Oct 31 15:02:10 EDT 2008

Snipped down to thwart the top post,

On Oct 31, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Max Gribov wrote:

> Im sure Alex has more interesting things to contribute to this, but i
> think this article illustrates the event pretty well:
> http://www.renesys.com/blog/2008/10/wrestling-with-the-zombie-spri.shtml
>
> note how nasa has single homed networks both on spring and cogent -
> much
> lolz that is

lolz indeed! (and furthering my big gripe above):

"Sprint hasn't paid any particular attention to its IP product and
network at a senior management level for a very long time. They are
clearly focused on wireline and wireless telecom services and Overland
Park management seem to remain mostly unaware that they even operate
an IP network. In other words, Cogent has picked a fight with a zombie
here. They may even rip off a limb or two, but that doesn't mean the
zombie will notice."

Rocket-
.ike