[nycbug-talk] Grab me a molson, this is what I like about OpenBSD 4.4, eh.

Jesse Callaway bonsaime at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 11:28:20 EDT 2008

I've been known to create bad volumes, accepting the defaults from the
installer...

disklabel(8)  no longer suggests offsets and sizes that would result
in partitions starting or ending outside the OpenBSD section of the
disk.

Cool new features to SSH

OpenSSH 5.1:

    * New experimental fingerprint ASCII art visualisation system for
easier verification of remote keys. (cool... who writes down the
fingerprints?)
    * Added chroot(2) support for sshd(8).  (the third party patch was
scary, nice that it's official)
    * Added an extended test mode (-T) to sshd(8).  (better than
making it run on an alternate port for testing)

New hardware, that's nice. Bigger news is the performance
improvements. It was so SLOW before ; ) Actually I have no idea. I've
never given OpenBSD anything taxing for disk or memory before....
maybe I will now.

-jesse