[nycbug-talk] OT: email 2 phone services

Tim A. techneck at goldenpath.org
Tue Apr 28 09:32:49 EDT 2009

matt at atopia.net wrote:
> I need an email 2 phone service so that if nagios spits out an alert or something I can get a call on it.
>
> I found email2phone.net but I am wondering if others have any ideas on good providers for this service.

Does it technically have to be a phone call, or would SMS suffice?
I think most (if not all?) CSPs provide SMS gateways.
For example:
number at vtext.com

Last I played with it, actually, it accepted email from just about
everything you'd expect it shouldn't.

They go both ways too, Email to SMS, SMS to Email.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateways